SBCC Faculty Teaching Tips
SBCC Teaching and Learning Tips Database (Not Technology-based) - This list of tips submitted by our faculty does not necessarily include tips about using technology to teach.
SBCC Faculty Teaching Tips (Technology-based) - The following teaching tips are specific examples of innovative uses of technology that our faculty members employ to improve student learning in on-campus or online courses.
- Dr. Jennifer Bernstein, Geography Department
- Require students post before seeing replies of other students
- Provide clear discussion rubric
- Automate reminders for students to post their comments
- Lynette Williamson, Health Information Technology Department
- Dr. Matthew Mooney, History Department
- Using Technology to Explore Students Understanding of Historical Questions
- Creating Continuity and Community in Your Newly Online Course
- Dr. Michael Robinson, Geography Department
- Duane Erdman, Physical Education
- Dr. Patrick O'Brien, Sociology Department
- Jon Bek, Computer Information Systems Department