Committee on Faculty Resources
This Academic Senate committee is dedicated to creating a dialogue about teaching and learning at SBCC. The committee meets 2nd/4th Mondays, 3:00 p.m. in the Faculty Library Study Room.
Functions and Responsibilities of CFR
- Assesses and addresses the changing needs of faculty to support innovative and effective instructional and educational support practices.
- Develops a central repository of SBCC faculty resources and mechanisms for the dissemination of resources.
- Recommends content for FRC website.
- Coordinates with SSSP, Student Equity Committee, and SLO Coordinator to determine what information from these committees should be posted on the FRC website.
- Reviews and recommends faculty professional development activities for approval.
- Hears appeals from faculty relating to professional development activities.
- Reviews applications for faculty professional development funding and approves awards.
- Collaborates with the Professional Development Committee.
Here is a series of links to resources this committee or the Faculty Resource Center believes will be of use to faculty:
- 2019-20 Members and Minutes
- Campus Initiatives for Learning
- Faculty Ambassadors
- Faculty Inquiry Groups
- Faculty Projects Showcase
- Faculty Dialog Seminars (2016 archive)
- Lasting Lectures (2017 archive)
- Journals & Websites
- Student Resources
- Teaching Design & Practice
- Universal Design
- Faculty Manual/Handbook