Music 185 (Applied Music) is a 3 unit class where qualified Music Majors get private lessons for up to 4 semesters.
Requirements for eligibility:
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in one Performance class.
- All applicants should be declared as Music Majors.
- All applicants will need to audition to determine eligibility for the program. Acceptance is dependent upon applicant performance level and available spots.
- Attend weekly lesson with instructor.
- Perform in 2 out of the 3 Applied Recitals in the semester.
- Attend all 3 Applied Recitals in the semester.
- Perform at an end of year Jury.
- Perform a representative piece (or excerpt) for audition, approximately about 1-3 minutes in length.
- The audition piece should be in the same style and on the same instrument as what you are hoping to study in Applied Music.
- Due to COVID restrictions, applicants will need to submit a video audition. Once you fill out the applicaiton form (below), you will be sent an upload link (it could be as much as 24 hours after application). Please upload by midnight, Thursday Jan 20th..
If you are interested in signing up for Applied Music (Music 185 in the class listing), please fill out the form below (form is open now, will close at midnight Wednesday Jan 19th):