January 5 through June 30 of each year. If June 30 falls on a weekend, the deadline will extend to the next business day.
Required prerequisites to be completed at the time of application. Grades of "C," or better, must be posted on submitted transcripts at the time of application.
- Human Anatomy - BMS 107 at SBCC, or equivalent at another college.
- Human Physiology - BMS 108 at SBCC, or equivalent at another college.
The following course must be completed prior to starting the program, after you have been accepted.
- Radiography and Health Care - RT 100 at SBCC, or equivalent at another college.
The following courses should be completed while on the waitlist. The program is rigorous and does not allow much time to take additional courses. They must be passed with a grade of "C," or better.
- Medical Terminology - AH 120 or HIT 135 at SBCC, or equivalent at another college.
- General Education (GE) Areas - It is highly recommended to complete General Education Areas before starting the program. These are graduation requirements but beneficial to the student to have completed before starting the program. Otherwise, the student's date of taking the board exam will be delayed. They can be completed at SBCC or another college. It is the student's responsibility to submit all current transcripts so that they may evaluated for GEs.
Any questions about prerequisites or general education requirements please contact Kimberly Taylor, Radiography academic counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current wait list extends out to 2026. Around 33 students are admitted each year from the existing wait list; the program begins with the school's Summer I semester in May.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
Applications submitted outside of the deadline listed above will not be accepted. Qualified applicants will be added to the bottom of the waitlist. Applications are accepted only from students who have completed the required prerequisites (not in-progress). Applications and transcripts must be received by the deadline.
Submit a complete application through this secure ShareFile link:
- Apply to SBCC online at http://www.sbcc.edu/apply
- Completed RT program application
- Official Transcripts from colleges other than SBCC should be submitted to Admissions & Records (see drop down menu "Transcripts" below for more information)
- SBCC transcripts will be obtained by our department
NOTE: prerequisites must be completed and the grades showing on the transcripts
Applications may also be mailed to:
Health Technologies Office
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
When the application and transcripts are received, an email will be sent to the student using the email provided on the Radiology program application. Please allow several weeks for processing for the documents to be reviewed.
APPLICATIONS are accepted during the application period only, which begins in January and ends June 30 each year. Applications and transcripts must be received by the deadline of June 30.
Before entering the Radiography Program students are required to:
- Complete RT 100 – Radiography and Health Care (Fall or Spring semester); grade of “C” or better. May be taken while on the wait list.
- Attend an RT Orientation meeting the semester prior to entry (date and time will be announced to the students who are scheduled to begin);
- Complete the SBCC physical examination on SBCC form
- Results from a negative TB skin test (or chest x-ray if warranted)
- Lab results that prove immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
- Lab results that prove immunity to Hepatitis B (note that the Hepatitis B vaccination is give in three doses over a period of six months)
- Lab results that prove immunity to varicella
- Submit proof of receiving the Tdap vaccination
- Submit results each flu season of that season's influenza vaccine
- Obtain a CPR card, which must be kept current throughout the program;
- Complete a background check (information and forms given at orientation meeting), and,
- Pay a one-time Radiation Film Badge fee at registration
It is highly recommended to complete all General Education requirements before starting the program. The program is rigorous and does not allow much time to take additional courses. You will not be able to graduate and sit for the board exam without completing the graduation (General Education) requirements.
A passing grade in all general education courses and a grade of “C” or better in all courses for the major is required to receive an Associate Degree in Radiography from SBCC.
Any student who misses ten percent or more of the clinical portion of the program each semester is subject to dismissal pending faculty review.
Campus classes provide theory and laboratory practice, which is correlated with clinical experience in the Radiology Departments of the following affiliated institutions:
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
- Pueblo Radiology
- Sansum Clinics
- Ventura County Medical Center
- Ventura Community Memorial Hospital
- Santa Paula Medical Center
- Arroyo Grande
- Santa Ynez Cottage Hospital
- Lompoc Hospital District - Lompoc
- Marian Medical Center - Santa Maria
- Sierra Vista Medical Center - San Luis Obispo
- French Hospital - San Luis Obispo
Official transcripts must be submitted with your application. Mailed transcripts must be submitted in the original sealed envelope from the attending college, or sent electronically by the attending college. Opened or electronic transcripts are NOT accepted if submitted by the applicant.
- Mailed to the Health Technology Office in the original sealed envelope from the attending college.
- Directly to the Admissions & Records Department at SBCC - either mailed or electronically.
Only one set is required.