Center for Equity and Social Justice
The Center for Equity & Social Justice (CESJ) strives to provide a safe and brave space for students of color, women, LGBT+, and other marginalized students on our campus.
The CESJ is located in WCC 207 on West Campus
The CESJ is operating fully online in Summer and Fall 2020!
For more info follow us on instagram @sbcc_cesj
Meet our Staff
We recognize that every individual holds various identities that shape who they are and how they experience the world. We have created a space where we can explore the intersections that unify and divide us, so that we can engage in transformational experiences that result in increased connection and inclusion.
The CESJ partners with various academic departments, student support programs, and community service agencies to provide lectures, workshops, discussions, film screenings, spoken word, and art exhibits that explore issues of culture, belonging, power, oppression, and injustice in our community.
- We strive to be a space that informs the SBCC campus and greater community on issues of identity, belonging, equity, diversity and social justice
- We strive to enhance the cultural and educational experience of students by providing a safe and welcoming environment for student to engage in community building and connection.
- We strive to amplify the voices of marginalized communities through education and collaboration.
- We strive to confront and explore issues that divide us such racism, classism, ethnocentrism, ableism, ageism, sexism, and heterosexism
- We strive to create an environment that values each member of our community.
|Location and Contact Information:||Professional Staff:||Student Staff:|
West Campus Center