New Student Class Planning
As of 8/21/2018, all new to college students have received Class Planning deferrals, allowing you to register in Fall 2018 classes! This one time deferral will expire on November 1st. See below to permanently remove your Class Planning hold.
Students in need of Class Planning for Fall 2018 can visit the Academic Counseling center to meet with an Academic Counselor for a 1st Semester Class Plan. All students with Class Planning deferrals must meet with an Academic Counselor to create a Student Educational Plan by November 1, 2018 in order to have the Class Planning hold permanently removed.
New Students - To register for classes you must first complete our Steps to Enrollment. New Student Class Planning is required of all students who are new to college, or attended only while in high school, and who plan to earn a Certificate, Associate Degree, or transfer to a four-year college.
On-Campus New Student Class Planning Sessions will help you:
- Develop a first semester class plan with a counselor.
- Understand English and math assessment test results, pre-requisites and skills advisories.
To Do Before your Class Planning Session:
- Take your English and math Assessment tests and have your test scores.
- Complete Online Orientation.
- Must bring your Pipeline Username, Password and Student ID to the session.
- Seats are limited and sessions fill fast, plan in advance and register as early as possible to secure your spot.
- *If you are requesting a disability-related accommodation in order to access and/or benefit from class planning, contact Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) for consultation. To schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Specialist, please call (805) 730-4164 or visit SS-160.
Fall New Student Class Planning Sessions:
- Registration for these sessions is through Starfish.
- You will only have access to sign up for a Class Planning session in Starfish AFTER your assessment hold has been lifted.
- For availability check Starfish
Step One: Log into Pipeline https://auth.sbcc.edu/cas/login
Step Two: Click on the “Starfish” tab at the top of the page.
Step Three: Click on "On Campus Class Planning"
Step Four: Click “Schedule Appointment” to see calendar with availability.
Step Five: Click on calendar with dates in bold for availability, then click on “Sign Up”
Step Six: Click “Schedule”
Confirmation email and next steps:
- After you scheduled your Class Planning, check your Pipeline email for your confirmation email and webinar instructions.
Webinar Class Planning for out-of-area or out-of-state students:
- For out-of-area or out-of-state students who are not able to attend an on-campus New Student Class Planning Session, alternatives are available. Please click here for more information.
While you are on-campus you should also consider taking advantage of:
- Taking a tour of our campus for more tour information click here.
- Attend a Transfer 101 Workshop and lean about Guaranteed Admissions to four-year colleges and universities.