Update on Purchasing and Warehouse Operations and Services
Purchasing and Warehouse staff hope you are safe during this very difficult time. Below is information to assist you with Purchasing requests while we work remotely. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- US MAIL - Daily mail services have been suspended until further notice. Mail will be picked up and sorted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. An all-campus email
will be sent out when it is ready for you to pick-up at the Information Desk Window next to A-119. Your campus ID card will be required to receive
your mail. If you normally receive your mail on the West Campus, Schott Campus, Wake Campus or Cosmetology Academy you will need
to come to the East Campus to receive your mail. Contact the SBCC Operator at 805-965-0581 if you have any questions.
- STATUS OF INCOMING SHIPMENTS - Incoming shipments identified as non-essential continue to be delayed. Some shipments are delayed by the vendor and some delayed in transit. We ask for your patience to allow for stabilization of shipping lines and hope to begin receiving regular shipments soon. Follow the instructions below if you are expecting an incoming shipment.
- Email email@example.com with INCOMING SHIPMENT as the subject and include as much of the following as possible:
- Vendor name, shipping company name and delivery tracking number
- Campus, building and/or room number where the items are to be delivered.
- Name and phone number where you can be reached.
- Vendor name
- Shipping company name and tracking number
- Campus, building and room number for delivery.
- Obtain 1 quote or shopping cart that includes tax and shipping (if applicable).
- Request a W9 from the vendor if you know they are a new vendor to SBCC.
- Complete the attached fillable Department Requisition Form.
- Email all 3 documents as PDFs as follows:
- Email to the person who authorizes your requests and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject: Dept Req - Vendor Name/Requester Last Name
- Body of Email: Please “Reply to All” with Approval or Denial of the attached request.
- Purchasing will review, process and provide feedback/status via this email string.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Welcome to Purchasing
What We Do
Purchasing is charged with upholding the public’s trust by obtaining the maximum, cost effective value in procuring goods and services, which supports the District’s educational mission and goals. Purchasing ensures that the requested goods and services are allowable under California Constitution Codes and the District’s Board Policies and Administrative Procedures. Purchasing is responsible for:
- Purchases and distribution of supplies, equipment and materials
- Contracts for services
- Receiving and Shipping
- Furniture Moves
- Mail Distribution
- Campus-wide Shredding
See SBCC Purchasing Guidelines for more information.
Meet Our Team
Purchasing and Warehouse Manager
Come Visit Us
We are located in ECC 42 on Loma Alta Drive under the bridge and we are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.