Center for Equity and Social Justice
The CESJ is located in WCC 207 on West Campus and is open
Monday- Thursday from 10 AM - 3PM (during the Fall and Spring semesters)
The Center for Equity & Social Justice (CESJ) strives to provide a safe and brave space for students of color, women, LGBT+, and other marginalized students on our campus.
We recognize that every individual holds various identities that shape who they are and how they experience the world. We have created a space where we can explore the intersections that unify and divide us, so that we can engage in transformational experiences that result in increased connection and inclusion.
The CESJ partners with various academic departments, student support programs, and community service agencies to provide lectures, workshops, discussions, film screenings, spoken word, and art exhibits that explore issues of culture, belonging, power, oppression, and injustice in our community.
- We strive to be a space that informs the SBCC campus and greater community on issues of identity, belonging, equity, diversity and social justice
- We strive to enhance the cultural and educational experience of students by providing a safe and welcoming environment for student to engage in community building and connection.
- We strive to amplify the voices of marginalized communities through education and collaboration.
- We strive to confront and explore issues that divide us such racism, classism, ethnocentrism, ableism, ageism, sexism, and heterosexism
- We strive to create an environment that values each member of our community.
|Location and Contact Information:||Professional Staff:||Student Staff:|
West Campus Center
Roxane Maiko Byrne, MA
Alondra Lazaro Gonzalez
CESJ Workshops and Events
Aug 26 - 29
CESJ Open House: Swing by to meet the staff, learn about the center, and get info about upcoming events!
Language Exchange w/ the Ambassadors: Learn and share language with other students from around the world!
FREE Film Screening: Bohemian Rhapsody