How Buyback Works
What You Need to Know About Buyback
- The Bookstore buys books back from students the first week of every semester and the
last, during finals. Dates and times are posted on the SBCC website and on Pipeline.
- The buyback list is determined by the class schedule and books ordered by faculty. Some classes are fall only and others spring only so books for those classes appear on alternate buy lists.
- Books must be reasonably clean, no water damage, with no pages or covers missing to be eligible for buyback.
- Xerox packets and write-in workbooks are not bought back.
- There are sometimes limits to the number of books the store can buy back, as determined by stock-on-hand and the number of sections offered.
- The end-of-semester buyback is the best opportunity to sell back back books as the need is greatest at that point.
- No receipt is necessary for buyback.
- Neither the faculty nor the SBCC Campus Store have any control over the publishers' practice of issuing new editions which replace books currently in use.
- The SBCC Campus Store reserves the right to not purchase any book offered for buyback at its discretion.
Click on TEXTBOOK BUYBACK and follow the instructions to get a price quote.
After entering the ISBNs of the books you want to sell, print out the quote and take your books downstairs to the Text Desk for verification.
- Books can also be brought in to the SBCC Campus Store. Take them downstairs to the Textfloor during the semester when open buyback is available.