Steps to Enrollment
Here are the steps to successfully register in classes at SBCC:
CLICK HERE to download the Steps to Enrollment Checklist!
- Apply ONLINE in English or Spanish. There is no fee for submitting an application. Some programs
require supplemental applications.
- Log on to Student Portal - Pipeline to access your student account. Click "find and set up your account here.
- SBCC Pipeline - ALL official college communications will be sent to your SBCC email account.
- Instructions to set up your SBCC Pipeline account.
SBCC Pipeline - The student portal allows students to manage various college transactions, including
but not limited to: checking your pre-registration requirements, viewing your registration
appointment day/time, registering, finding your SBCC I.D., adding and dropping classes,
paying fees, seeing grades, activating campus card, and checking your financial aid
status and your SBCC e-mail account.
- Instructions to find your Student ID Number (SBCC K number)
- Apply for Financial Aid (Optional) All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Santa Barbara City College
offers several types of financial aid, which are funded through federal, state and
local agencies and the college itself.
- Local Santa Barbara High School Students
The SBCC Promise will provide any local student who completes their secondary education within the Santa Barbara Community College District with the opportunity to attend SBCC full-time for two years FREE of charge. CLICK HERE to opt in!
Learn about student support services for your success!
SBCC college orientation is required for the following students:
- Never attended college before, or only attended while in high school and have a goal/plan of:
- Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement
- Transfer to 4-year School
- Basic English/Math/Reading Skills
- Undecided Goal
- New Transfer Students, enrolling at SBCC who previously attended another institution
SBCC uses multiple measures, including high school grade point average, coursework,
and specific grades for placement into Math & English courses. This data was collected
when you applied to the college. If we do not have your high school information, you
may be required to fill out a supplemental form.
To look up your Math & English placement status:
- Log onto your SBCC Pipeline account
- Under the STUDENT tab, click on STUDENT RECORDS
- Click on VIEW COURSE PLACEMENT AND ELIGIBILITY
- If your placements are listed as pending, click on the HIGH SCHOOL DATA FORM to submit
the information required for placement
- Submit official transcripts from former high school and/or colleges attended
Attending a New Student Class Planning session is required of all students who are new to college, or attended only while in high school, and
who plan to earn a Certificate, Associate Degree, or transfer to a four-year college.
*It may take up to 48 hours for the Class Planning link to appear in
Starfish after applying to SBCC
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION VIDEO!
CLICK HERE FOR Step by Step Registration instructions
Register for classes online during priority or
open registration. Pay fees on or before the deadline.
The SBCC Promise will provide any local student who completes their secondary education within the Santa Barbara Community College District with the opportunity to attend SBCC full-time for two years FREE of charge.
CLICK HERE to opt in!
721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394 Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581 © 2018 Santa Barbara City College