Application Steps and Instructions
International students have a specialized application process to follow
Thank you for choosing Santa Barbara City College to study. Before beginning your online application please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years old by the program start date.
- Applicants must have a 2.0 GPA
- English Proficiency Requirement for admission to the Academic Program. No TOEFL required.
- Transfer students from U.S. language schools must have 80% attendance rate or higher.
Follow the link below to register your application account
Remember your password!
Submit one application for the first term you wish to attend
Pay the $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee. You will receive an emailed receipt.
Upload copies of the required documents listed in your online application account. This will include, but not limited to the following documents:
- $50 application fee receipt
- meet minimum amount required: Cost of Studies
- must be written in or translated into English
- issued within the past 6 months or less
- include the name of the account holder and account balance
- liquid funds (savings and/or checking)
- have an official signature or stamp on financial institution letterhead
Provide a copy of your passport.
- Transcripts for all coursework completed in high school (secondary school), English language programs, and university or college. All collegiate coursework must be reported on the SBCC application. Transcripts should be translated into English by an official translator and/or translating agency.
- Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admission purposes.
- Official transcripts may be required later for math equivalency verification, athletic eligibility, pre-requisite challenges, or transfer credits towards your SBCC degree.
Current F-1 Students in the U.S.
If you are transferring to SBCC from another school in the U.S., complete the steps above, and upload the following additional documents to your online application account:
- Copy of F-1 visa
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Form - At the link, click on "Get most recent I-94".
- Copy of I-20
- Verification of Status Form - Student must be "in status". The advisor at your current institution will need to verify and sign this form.
No. TOEFL and IELTS are not required. However, proof of English Proficiency is required for admission to the Academic Program. There are over a dozen options to demonstrate your English proficiency. Check them out here: English Proficiency Requirements.
If classes at your current school are still in session, you can submit a transcript showing only your completed courses and available grades. Students should submit complete transcripts with their final grades once they become available. You can also bring your final transcripts with you to SBCC. Official high school and/or college transcripts in a sealed envelope are needed for athletic eligibility, course pre-requisite challenges, university transfer planning, and other academic planning purposes.
- Students who start their SBCC program with no transfer credits typically take 2 to 3 years to complete an Associate degree and/or transfer requirements towards a Bachelor’s degree. Factors that determine the length of your program include: the number of English and math classes you need, your major, the number of credits you successfully complete each semester, attendance in one or both summer sessions, and your transfer goals.
Please allow 10 business days for an admission decision. Admission Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org