Apply to College
APPLY FOR FALL 2014 NOW!
Online applications are processed within 30-45 minutes. Paper applications are processed
within 48 - 72 business hours.
How to apply:
Apply ONLINE in English or Spanish (see exceptions below). There is no fee for submitting an application. Some programs require supplemental applications.
Applicants are urged to provide their Social Security number when applying to SBCC. The Social Security number will be needed for financial aid, employment, education tax credit, and for many special programs that require California certification. SBCC will provide a student identification number if the Social Security number is not provided. The student ID number will not replace the Social Security number.
Admissions & Records will process your application and you will receive an Enrollment
Checklist in the mail. The Checklist will detail whether or not you have to complete
Assessment, Orientation and Advising based on the educational goal and/or transfer
plan you have selected on your application.
For students seeking admission under the California Dream Act/AB 540, see www.sbcc.edu/admissions/dreamact.php.
Your SBCC application must be on file before you can register in classes.
Admission is open to anyone who:
• Holds a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Is 18 years old or older; and/or
• Is enrolled in high school and wishes to attend SBCC concurrently as a part-time student.
Applications for Fall 2014 must be submitted by any student who:
Was not enrolled at SBCC in Spring 2014; or
Withdrew from all Spring 2014 SBCC classes on or before February 8, 2014.
Alternatives to applying online:
1. Download and print the English or Spanish application using Acrobat Reader. Complete and mail the application to Admissions & Records. Click here for the Programs of Study/Major Code Sheet.
2. Apply in person at Admissions & Records. The Spanish version of the paper application is available at Admissions & Records, Counseling, or the ESL Office.
3. Call (805) 730-4450 to have an application mailed to you.
1. High School students wishing to concurrently enroll at SBCC may submit the online application, making sure to select 'Dual Enrollment' as the Student Type. Next, download and
print the Dual Enrollment Approval Form and submit the completed form to Admissions & Records. If you prefer, you may download
and print both the Dual Enrollment Application and the Dual Enrollment Approval Form and submit both completed paper forms to SBCC.
Students who remain continuously enrolled (i.e. Fall 2012, Spring 2013) do not need to submit a new application. However, ALL Dual Enrollment students must submit a completed Approval Form prior to each semester of enrollment. If a student is not registered for a semester, a new application is required.
All graduating high school seniors who have attended SBCC as Dual Enrollment students must submit a new application, indicating their Student Type as 'First-Time Student in College.'
2. International students may not apply online; complete the International Student Application ONLY.
For additional application requirements for the programs listed below, contact the department directly, or Student Outreach & Orientation at (805) 730-4450.
|Associate Degree Nursing||(805) 730-4166|
|Vocational Nursing||(805) 730-4166|
|Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)||(805) 730-4166|
|Home Health Aide (HHA)||(805) 730-4166|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonography||(805) 730-4166|
|Honors Program||(805) 730-4001|
|Marine Diving Technologies||(805) 730-4226|
|School of Culinary Arts (SCA)||
|Learning Communities||(805) 965-0581 ext. 2403|
Send your transcripts:
Contact all the schools you have attended and request to have your official transcripts sent to SBCC. There may be a fee. Have your official transcripts sent to Admissions & Records, Santa Barbara City College, 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394. Transcripts may be submitted separately from the application.
Selective Service Registration:
In accordance with ECS 66500, the college is required to make every reasonable effort to inform all male applicants for undergraduate admissions of their obligation to register in accordance with the Federal Military Selective Service Act. In meeting these guidelines, the following information is provided:
- Selective Service System, Registration Information Office, P.O. Box 94638, Palantine, IL, 60094-4638, www.sss.gov, or 847-688-6888.
- In accordance with ECS 69400, no person subject to the Federal Military Selective Service Act shall receive any financial aid if that person has not registered in accordance with that act.
- Selective Service Registration cards are available in the lobby of the Student Services Building.
Admissions & Records hours:
Monday & Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Phone: (805) 965-0581 ext. 7222 or (805) 730-4450
ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE