Instructions for Prerequisite Challenges
- Example of Prerequisite in Schedule of Classes
- Types of Forms
- Where to submit Prerequisite Challenge forms
|Every semester has a deadline to submit Prerequisite Challenges. It is the students’ responsibility to submit their challenge before the deadline, click here to view deadline and other important dates.|
|CHEM Chemistry 155
Structure of atoms and molecules, redox, stoichiometry,
bonding, states of matter, solutions, chemical calculations.
(CAN CHEM 2 or CAN CHEM SEQ A [with CHEM 156])
*PREREQ: CHEM 101 or 104 or one year of high school chemistry
and Math 107 or 111.
*SKILLS ADVISORY: Eligibility for English 110 or 110H.
Two types of Prerequisite Challenges:FORM A: Challenge of prerequisite and/or corequisite(s) based on successful completion of equivalent or external coursework from regionally accredited colleges, universities or high schools. Examples of coursework used for Prerequisite Challenges are: college and university courses, high school classes (foreign language courses ONLY); AP and SAT test scores
FORM B: Challenge of prerequisite and/or corequisite(s) based on grounds other than coursework such as work experience, native language, license, etc. Provide valid reasoning for challenge such as work experience, native language, license, etc…
Challenges can be submitted one of the following ways:
- In person:
To the Admissions & Records Office:
Window 5, Student Services Building, Office 120
Monday & Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- By mail: SBCC Transcript Evaluation Office, 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109
- By fax: 805.892.3664
- By email: email@example.com
- Only complete challenges will be processed
- Challenges are processed in the order received
- Please do not send challenges multiple ways or keep resending, this slows processing time