Process For Hiring Credit Adjunct /Part-Time Faculty
The following process must be followed when hiring new credit adjunct faculty. This is to ensure that we comply with the California Education Code requirements. Please allow adequate time for this process to be completed prior to the beginning of a term.
New faculty should NOT be in the classroom until ALL of these steps are completed. If the process has not been completed by the first day of instruction, a current approved substitute should be instructing the class on a temporary basis.
- All credit adjunct disciplines are posted online at https://jobs.sbcc.edu. If prospective adjunct applicants contact you directly, please have them apply online.
The online application pool is available for review by department chairs. If you are
the new department chair, please create a user account by going to https://jobs.sbcc.edu/hr. You will then be approved as a user by HR with your username and password. You will
be able to access the pool of applicants at your convenience from any computer with
- When you enter the system with your username and password, click on “Posting” and
select “Faculty/Certificated Administrator.” You will be able to view all postings
assigned to you. The applications and associated documents are there for your review.
- If you encounter any difficulties with the PeopleAdmin system itself, please contact
Candace Eckert – firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 2730.
- Once you have reviewed all applicants and selected the individual you want to hire,
print all of their application materials and attach to the completed Minimum Qualifications or Equivalency form. These forms have been updated; please dispose of the old ones. We will only
be accepting the new forms. If you need forms, please send Glenn Dixon an email at
email@example.com and he will send you the new triplicate form.
- After you have completed the Minimum Qualifications form, forward the form to your
Dean for approval.
- If the candidate does not meet Minimum Qualifications, an Equivalency form should be completed with your Dean. The completed form should be forwarded to the Equivalency Committee, attention Priscilla
- If the applicant has foreign degrees or earned a degree from a school which is unfamiliar
to you, contact Glenn Dixon, Ext. 4254 or firstname.lastname@example.org before offering the applicant a position. Foreign degrees must be evaluated by an outside agency prior to MQ determination.
- Once a Minimum Qualifications or Equivalency form has been completed, signed off and
returned to the Human Resources Department, a packet will be mailed to the applicant.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact Glenn Dixon to schedule an appointment
for processing after the forms are completed (i.e. LiveScan for fingerprints, Freedom
- When the new adjunct has been entered into the Banner system an email will be sent
to the Department Chair with the new instructor’s K# and Pipeline address. A K# will
not be issued until the instructor has completed all of their required employment
paperwork and has been cleared by HR to be in the classroom.
- The Department Chair should notify the Scheduling Office and the Dean by email with
the relevant information regarding the new instructor.
- Contact Glenn Dixon, Ext 4254 or email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this process or if you need assistance.