Back to SBCC


  • Looking for your bill? 
  • Understanding your bill:
    • Enrollment Fees
    • Nonresident Tuition
    • Health Fee
    • Transportation Fee
    • Student Representation Fee
    • Student Activty Pass
    • Special Fees
    • Parking Permit
    • CampusCard Replacement Fee
  • Strapped for Cash?
  • Free Classes?

Looking for your bill? SBCC does not send bills; all details pertaining to your student account, such as your registration, student email account, your current contact information and your student bill are all available 24 hours a day online through the student PIPELINE portal.  Billing reminders and other important messages will be sent to your email address, so be sure to check it regularly.

Understanding your bill. Every effort is made at SBCC to provide a high quality education at a reasonable cost.  The following fees apply to all students. All fees listed are subject to change at any point during the year. Refer to the current SBCC catalog for more detailed fee and tuition information on courses.   

Enrollment Fees
All students, resident and non-residents, must pay an enrollment fee of $46.00 per unit with no maximum amount.  Refer to the fees, below, or the current SBCC catalog for more detailed fee and tuition information on courses. All fees listed are subject to change at any point during the Catalog year. Costs for Books, Supplies, Housing and other tangible materials are not included in the costs listed here.  

California residency status, for tuition purposes, is based on residency requirements established by the State of California, and determined by the Admissions & Record's Office upon admission to the College.  Students who qualify for a new resident status can apply for a change at Admissions & Records (see Reclassification Packet).

Nonresident Tuition 
Nonresidents (both domestic and international) must pay the nonresident tuition fees in addition to the state enrollment fee, all charged on a per-unit basis. For details on the fee exception per AB9 47, please click here.  Other exemptions for nonresident tuition may apply, such as:
  1. High school in California for at least three years and received a California high school diploma or its equivalent (AB 540). Contact the Office of Admissions & Records for more information.
  2. Some Veteran's and Dependents.  Please visit the Veterans Support and Resource Center for more information on qualifications and certification.
International Students may have additional fees; visit the  International Student Site for more details.  

Health Fee (Ed Code §76355)
The Health Fee is mandated by the State of California and approved by the Board of Trustees to be charged to all students enrolled in credit courses, including courses taken on campus, off campus courses and online courses.  Many health and wellness services are available free or at low cost through the Health & Wellness Office (SS-170) or through Ask A Nurse

Santa Barbara Community College District exempts the following: dual enrollment students taking courses at their local high schools, incarcerated students, apprentices, and dependent children and surviving spouses of members of the California National Guard who are killed or permanently disabled while in the active service of the state.  The District also exempts any student who depends exclusively on prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination or organization.  Completion of a waiver, including officially documented evidence of such an affiliation is required.  If you need an exemption form, please visit to the Cashier’s Office (SS-150).  

Transportation Fee (Ed Code §76361)
All students registered in an on-campus class are required to pay the transportation fee and may ride the Metropolitan Transit District (MTD) bus seven days a week. Beginning one week prior to the start of the semester, students ride by "swiping" their student ID when boarding the bus, with the exception of the Waterfront Shuttle. If your semester fees, including your Transportation Fee has not been paid, you will not be eligible to use your pass on the bus.  If you have paid your mandatory fees and your card is not functioning, please visit the Office of Student Life (CC-222). Students taking only off-campus classes will not be assessed the Transportation Fee. 

Student Representation Fee (Ed Code §76060)
This fee supports student representatives who state positions/viewpoints before city, county, and district governments, and before offices/agencies of city, state, and federal governments.  It was made possible by Assembly Bill 1358 and was voted and approved by the student body of Santa Barbara City College.  

Exemptions from this fee are provided for religious, political, financial or moral reasons.  You may opt out of this fee during the registration process on pipeline.  If you have already paid the fee and would like a refund, please visit the Cashier's Office (SS-150) within the first two weeks of school for a refund. No refunds will be processed after this date.

Student Activity Pass
This fee provides free admission to all men's home football and men's and women's home basketball games (regular season only), as well as select campus theatre and music events. It is also good for clothing discounts in the Campus Bookstore and for discounts at selected businesses in the community. Proceeds from this pass support the following programs: Drama, Music, Athletics, and Student Activities including President's Honor Roll Reception, Outstanding Student Awards Reception, and Commencement.  
Students taking off-campus classes will not be assessed the Student Activity Pass fee. You may elect to purchase a Student Activity Pass by visiting the Cashiers Office, SS-150. You may opt out of this fee from your student "Pay My Bill" page on the Pipeline portal before paying your fees.  Students may only request a refund during the first two weeks of the term.  Financial Aid will apply apply to this fee.  

Special Fees (Ed Code §76365)
Some courses require additional fees for materials and/or supplies.  Please consult the class schedule; all such fees will listed in under "special fees".  Payment of these fees are due at the time of registration. 

Parking Permit (Ed Code §76360)
Students who choose to purchase a parking permit are entitled to park a car or motorcycle in campus lots designated for students. Parking permits do not guarantee a parking spot.  After completing your registration, you can purchase a parking permit through the Pipeline portal at any time during the semester. Parking permits are valid sold by semester and each purchase includes a nonrefundable processing fee of $3.40.  A valid parking permit must be displayed from the vehicle's rear-view mirror at all times.  Parking without a valid permit or using a voided permit will result in your vehicle being cited or towed.

Fee Name Fall & Spring Summer I & II
Day and Evening Access $33.40 $18.40
CCPG (formerly BOGW) Discounted Permit $23.40 $18.40
Evening Only Access (after 5pm) $18.40 $18.40
For specific details on where to parking, as well as information about available Electric Vehicle charging stations, carpooling, student incentive programs and alternative forms of transportation, please visit the Security Departments Parking & Traffic Information website

CampusCard Replacement Fee 
CampusCards are provided, free of charge, to all enrolled students at SBCC and are issued in the Office of Student Life.  Obtaining a CampusCard is optional but recommended. All students must have a valid CampusCard to use the following services: MTD Bus, Library Check-outs, Open-access computer labs, Athletic events and college performances. Some local retailers, as well as theme parks, offer discounted tickets with your valid student identification card.  The CampusCard is also a cash card for making on campus transactions.  For more information on use of the cash card and on-campus discounts, see the CampusCard website

A replacement card will be issued twice before a fee is charged.  The replacement card fee is $3.00 and payable via your CampusCard.  Please visit your Pipeline portal to add money to your card. 

Strapped for Cash? Many financial aid and scholarship programs are available to eligible students to assist with the financing of their college education at SBCC. If you are a California resident and you need help paying the enrollment fee, you may qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG), formerly known as the Board of Governors Grant Waiver (BOGW). Visit the Financial Aid Office in person or online before enrolling in classes. 

Free Classes? Through Continuing Education and other academic departments, SBCC also offers noncredit courses, seminars and workshops designed to meet the needs of citizens of all ages who reside in Santa Barbara County.  Special brochures and bulletins are developed and distributed covering the specifics of each course.  These documents become supplements to the official catalog and contain special fees and special charges associated with each course.  These fees are due and payable according to the terms indicated within those documents.


721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394    Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581    © 2018 Santa Barbara City College