For Counselors

Welcome Counselors and Administrators!

Thank you for your support of our Dual Enrollment Students. Below you will find steps to enrollment and  instructions to complete each step. If you are a counselor or administrator within the SBUSD or CUSD, your high school administrator has already requested your credentials. If you wish to be added, please consult with your school administrator regarding approval clearance.

If you are a counselor or administrator outside of the SBUSD and CUSD districts, you are considered an Out of Area Counselor. *This includes: High schools outside of our district, Independent Schools, Alternative schools, Charter Schools, and Home Schools. 

If you are an Out Of Area Counselor you will need to complete the Out-of-Area Counselor Approval Request in order to be able to approve courses. Once you submit this request our office will review your school status and provide you credentials to approve student course requests submitted through the online Dual Enrollment Approval Form. *Please allow 5-7 business days for processing.

NEWS! Summer 2020 book grants are now available. Counselors can submit nominations for students by clicking the following link Summer 2020 Book Grant. 

Steps to Enrollment:

  • Meet with student to find a class(s) that meet their needs and interests. Check to see if the requested course has a prerequisite. If yes, please complete the steps on the Classes requiring Placement or Prerequisite page. 

  • Students can apply to the college online here.  Please review our application guide to answer application questions accurately. 

    NOTE: If you are currently taking an SBCC class, your application is still valid for the following term and you can skip this step.

  • Advise student to go to their Pipeline, the online student portal, and follow the prompts to 'Find Account.' They will need the last four digits of your social security number or your CCCID. The parent will need the studenst  K# to complete the Parent Consent Form.

     Where is my CCCID?  Where is my K#?

  • 4A. Parents must complete an online Parent Consent Form. This form grants parent approval for the duration of the student's high school years and can be rescinded at any time. The student K# is required to complete this form (see step 3 above).  For instructions please visit parent page Here

    4B. Students must get high school counselor approval to request courses. To submit the Approval Form* students will need their pipeline username/password and high school counselor's email address.

    4C. Counselors will recieve an email with a unique link everytime a student submits an approval form with your email listed as the counsleor. You have to click the link on the email and you will be prompted to enter the credentials that you have been provided.

  • Note the open registration date for all students. This is the first opportunity to register for classes and secure your spot.

    **Be sure to check students course(s) for any prerequisites. Prerequisites must be met before the system will allow the student to register. Click here for information on meeting prerequisites. Find class in the online class schedule here.

  • Pay any mandatory fees (transportation, health) within seven days of registering for the class to avoid being dropped. Dual enrollment students do not pay the per unit enrollment fee if they enroll in less than 12 units. For classes taken at the main campus, only mandatory health, transportation, and student rep fees apply. Online classes only require a health fee. 

    Click here for fee information.