Functions and Responsibilities
- Reviews and approves all proposed changes and additions to college curriculum.
- Reviews other college functions related to curriculum.
- Advises the Executive Vice-President, Educational Programs, on curriculum development.
- Review the GE requirements and recommends changes as appropriate.
This is an interactive process. You are responsible for your proposal:
Online Course Requests
- If you are submitting a proposal for an online course (hybrid or fully online), schecule a meeting with Kathy O'Connor (course and curriculum design), Laurie Vasquez (accessibility design), and David Wong (course design and training).
- Meet regularly with David/FRC staff during the semester you submit your proposal to begin online course training and development
- Attend Tech Review appointment during the semester you are developing your course prior to the CAC hearing and representation of your course
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep and Tech Review, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
Create the proposal in CurrIQunet
- If you have questions about the content of your proposal, contact CAC Rep or stop by one of the “Drop in” meetings for answers
- Who is your CAC Rep (see below)
- Meetings/ Tech Reviews/ “Drop in” schedule
- Issues with the software CurrIQunet contact Kaylene: firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 8763
- Once your proposal is approved by your Division Dean, you are mandated to sit with your CAC Rep and review the proposal in a Tech Review session
- You should contact the Curriculum Coordinator (Kaylene: email@example.com or ext. 8763) to assist you in setting up a Tech Review appointment
- Tech Review appointments are made non CAC Agenda Meeting Mondays, between 3:00pm – 5:00pm in room A-181
CAC Hearing Agenda
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
- CAC Hearings are on the First and Third Monday’s of each month. The CAC will not review a course that does not have a representative
- The Curriculum Coordinator will let you know when your proposal will be schedule for a Hearing
Randy Bublitz X2457
Kathy O'Connor X2322
Kaylene Thomas X8763 Office: A-119a